Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Say oui to Winter! Village Press and Spring London press days

As promised I've been trying to update asap while my memory is still fresh. After Bloody Gray, I made a trip down to Village Press and Spring London for their AW11 press days. As always I took a million images but to avoid information overload, I'm gonna put up some highlights of the day:)

Village Press press day
Village Press has always got a wide range of causal yet high quality big labels. Apart from a range of menswear brands like B store and Kenzo, they've also got some amazing womenswear labels such as Ashish and Cacharel. To be honest I'm quite a slacker when it comes to keeping up with the latest trend. So I was thrilled to see collections that I missed when it was out and have an actually feel of the garments.
Cacharel is never new to me but I didnt know it's that nice until I saw the actual garment. these woven all in ones (I can so image myself wearing it, in dream, when Ive got a mile long legs *sobs*) and those woven jackets, I just felt like I finally found something floral that I actually want to wear apart from the Stella McCartney current collection.


Photobucket

I think I didn't mention how much I love Kenzo before. Who else can do 70s better than Kenzo? Sorry for the tangled dress picture, its actually amazing and something I can imagine myself wearing it. (ok i know its getting completely personal haha but hey isn't the dress mayj?) Lots of patchworks, paisleys, granny print in modern silhouettes, this season's Kenzo is completely my thing, because thanks to Kenzo, I'm officially into prints.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The Antoni and Alison's collection kind of epitomize an image taken by Tim Walker, vintage reworked jackets, dreamy (not in a Tsumri Chisoto kind) prints that makes everyone a story character will definitely win a lot of hearts. Patterns on the dresses are actually printed instead of a real knitted piece. Other than their current collaboration with Uniqlo, I guess love their main line even more♥
Photobucket

Yeeeps and here comes Ashish. I can't help but admiring how creative this designer can be. He transform every streetwear into something high end and covert-able. The denim jacket looks just like the one Anna Dello russo wore during the AW11 Paris Fashion Week. You might as well kicking yourself for a lack of creativity when you look at the Ashish collection. Sequinned Boxer makes me want Borat as my boyfriend (ok actually not that far haha). And creepers painted with Tippex? I will consider getting my clothes fix by my little cousins because they are more creative than me and I can't afford Ashish (yet). Ashish might not be on top of the shopping list until I won the lottery but really, this designer is a genius.
Photobucket

I'm loving this Miffy Palette, anyone?
Photobucket

Spring London press day
Spring London carries a lot of luxury brands and its nice to see something different, that's why I decided to invade their press office and have a peek..
Herve Leger always give me a feeling of the girls (you know who) and for their new collection, they've shorten their hem line (now just Samantha) and they obviously look younger and more user friendly, having a loyal clientele like Rihanna, I'm sure they are going better and better.

Photobucket

Also loving the Hand Written red Corduroy cape and this polka dot bodysuit, I'm think a pin up little red riding hood haha.
Photobucket

Riiiighhhtt I'll be posting some other press days tomorrow and of course will talk about my trip to the Holly Fulton, James Long and Craig Lawrence private order event. I'm hoping these posts wont give you nothing but yawns and hope everyone is enjoying it :)
X

No comments:

Post a Comment