Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Topshop SS11 Lookbook











Topshop SS11 Lookbook
source: Topshop official page




It's no surprise that Topshop has always been my favourite high street label. Whether to steal a designer look or look for something unique (trust me you can pull off quit a unique look with a high street brand that now ships to a million countries), Topshop is in no doubt one of the best places to go. However, it kind of disappointed me a little when I saw the lookbook and the products for the new season. The image with a paisley print jacket, polka dots trousers and multi- colour wedges perhaps is just showing too much 'uncanny likeness' with Miu Miu (and Prada, ok, Miuccia is not gonna be happy *laughs*) Crazy layering and rich colours still rule, and perhaps they are the best looks in the lookbook, for they show the spirit of Topshop the best.
With Topshop being Topshop, I know sometimes you might say what can you ask for? High street brands sometimes is a representation of designer copies, I don't normally say Topshop does rip offs from designers (I guess I've recovered from the shock since I saw how similar Zara and Celine can be, and of course, it gave me another heart attack when I saw the Karen Millen Campaign today in Elle, featuring an identical palette to Celine this season), but this time I just can't help feeling a little gutted about Topshop.
Also, the hair troubled me a little because I've seen a lot of better dip dyes (as in extension) , it just somehow looks like someone hasnt got a good wash for a week. Still I love Topshop and feeling excited to see how they are gonna look on the shelves. Like every year, I got far too much stuff during xmas and the rest of the year just can't cheer me up as much as it's christmas collection, but for what Topshop had done to London fashion, it still deserves my respect and love. Just like when you love somebody you don't really want to see him / her ruining him/herself, you can't stop hoping to see something unforgettable and perhaps, having them to be your treasures.
X


No comments:

Post a Comment