Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Tales of the adolescence: Chrsitopher Kane and Proenza Schouler

Proenza Schouler AW10 Campaign

Proenza Schouler SS11 Campaign

Prosenza Schouler SS11

Proenza Schouler Resort11


Proenza Schouler AW10/11




Christopher Kane SS11


Christopher Kane Resort 11


Christopher Kane AW10
All catwalk image from style.com


It's always been a tough question if you ask who my favourite label is, since I can give you a bunch of names: from Margiela (when he was still in the team), Yohji Yamamoto, Haider Ackermann to Christopher Kane and Craig Lawrence, and the list goes on. I love every labels that can sort of portray a parallel world to the reality, with slightly outrageous designs, a little bit of wow factor that can makes some heads turn. Sometimes it's this simple. But speaking of what I would portray myself in. I can give you quite a definite answer, they are Christopher Kane and Proenza Schouler (ok thats 4 designers in total I know).
Ever since the emergence of Chris Kane, what the designer, with her sister Tammy have been wanting to portray a cheeky girl character onto their designs. Body-con dresses, leathers, embroidery, everything that suggests a tough, rebellious attitude without forgetting femininity and delicacy. Not to mention the Versus collection the duo do for Versace, those dresses killed me, quite efficiently. Sooo, considering I've been quite determined to follow the Kane principle, I wanted to find something similar, and coherent in terms of style and the attitude that the label portrays, and I found Proenza Schouler.
Everyone knows their PS1 bags, but what attracts me more are the whole aesthetics of the label. Skin tight dresses, see thrus, cropped jackets, pleat skirts (so far), sounds like everything in my wardrobe (or something I'm trying to attain). It all sounds like they are sharing some similar aesthetics as Chris Kane. Their pieces, like Chris Kanes, are usually some ordinary clothes with a cheeky twist. Granny suits in neon lace at Chris Kane SS11 (because of him I sort of accept that neons can be sexy and wearable), see thru PU trim black shirt at PS FW10, prints with clashing colours, a mix of texture and layering, how can I not love them haha. Whenever I recall how captivating the AW10/11 Ad Campaign of PS was, I felt like, god I want to be her.
After all, isn't it something everyone who loves fashion sometimes wishes for?
These designers have got me, thanks for creating my alter ego, for creating someone I wish I would eventually be.

p.s would do at least some short reviews for labels that made me die even tho I'm not good at this, PS and Chris Kane will defo be on the list :)
X

No comments:

Post a Comment